DC Fashion Incubator
WHAT IS AN INCUBATOR
A fashion incubator is a “think tank for designers”—a space designed to accelerate the growth and success of a fashion designer, through an array of resources, business support, network connections and services.
The Goal of the DC Fashion Incubator is to support the local emerging fashion market, by identifying and providing business mentoring, seminars and workshops as well as technical design support. We are here to assist fashion entrepreneurs, develop infrastructure support and a well-rounded skill set.
DC FASHION INCUBATOR
Our one-year program provides shared work space, shared showroom space, business mentoring, retail opportunities to pitch your collection to buyers and investors, publicity opportunities, small business technical assistance, technical design assistance, seminars/workshops in fashion design & commerce, financial planning, business planning, business registration, branding assistance, networking opportunities, as well as legal and business assistance, for our designers to connect with factors and seed capital investors.
Designers In Residence
THE DCFI PROCESS
(Please request an application for the full requirements list)
- There is a selective process to choose participating start-ups and established companies in the DCFI program.
- The DCFI Board and a team of industry professionals judge all applicants based on a criteria.
- There is a required 3-year minimum in business and 7-year maximum in business.
- Designers must commit to the required 35 hours per week of Incubator usage.
- Applicant must be 21 years of age or older.
- Applicants must reside in the District of Columbia or Prince George’s County.
- The application MUST be submitted to the DCFI Review Panel in digital form only.
- There is a $75 application fee.