The DC Fashion Foundation (DCFF) is seeking a Graphic Design Intern to help raise awareness of the DCFF’s vision. The intern will report directly to the Director of Marketing and also work closely with a project team that includes other DCFF staff, and other volunteers. DCFF is looking for the intern to join the team immediately.
DCFF is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization created by The Greater Washington Fashion Chamber of Commerce (GWFCC) in June 2009 to support the Washington, DC fashion community through educational programs, workforce training initiatives, and networking and mentoring opportunities for aspiring fashion professionals and entrepreneurs. It works to undertake the following goals:
- Increase the business skills and workforce preparedness of fashion entrepreneurs;
- Improve the quality and availability of fashion design education opportunities for youth and adults in the Washington, DC area;
- Strengthen the connections and networks that form the foundation of the District’s fashion community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design clear engaging graphic communications for print and web. This will include branded promotional items, web site and social media graphics, posters, flyers, and other marketing materials as needed.
- Work closely with a project team of staff and volunteers to translate their messaging concepts into
- Prepare files for print and/ or electronic distribution.
- Organize and maintain an image library and shared file archive for organizational use.
- Knowledge of print/web design.
- Strong creative vision and technical skills with an established portfolio (or samples) of print and digital marketing collateral.
- Proficiency with industry standard software such as Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Dreamweaver, Flash) and Microsoft Office product knowledge (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Excel).
- Good communication and organizational skills with a willingness to share ideas within a team setting, receive constructive direction and the ability to manage competing projects under tight deadlines.
- Have access to graphic design and layout software.
- Must be extremely organized and detail oriented.
10 to 20 hours per week. Typically 2 to 3 days per week. Schedule negotiable.
Internship position is not compensated. Internship may be eligible for college credits.
To be considered, email resume, cover letter and three design samples in JPEG or PDF format with the subject “Graphic Design Internship” to: DCFF.