The DC Fashion Foundation (DCFF) is seeking Promotions Interns to help raise awareness of the DCFF’s vision. The intern will report directly to the Director of Marketing and also work closely with a project team that includes other DCFF staff, and other volunteers.
DCFF is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization created by The Greater Washington Fashion Chamber of Commerce (GWFCC) in June 2009 to support the Washington, DC fashion community through educational programs, workforce training initiatives, and networking and mentoring opportunities for aspiring fashion professionals and entrepreneurs. It works to undertake the following goals:
- Increase the business skills and workforce preparedness of fashion entrepreneurs;
- Improve the quality and availability of fashion design education opportunities for youth and adults in the Washington, DC area;
- Strengthen the connections and networks that form the foundation of the District’s fashion community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent the face of the DC Fashion Foundation in the community and also at promotional events throughout the Greater Washington metropolitan area.
- Work off-site events (i.e. Fashion shows, community events, etc.) in an effort to promote the DC Fashion Foundation.
- Assist, as necessary, with other departmental events.
- Post flyers/ pass out promotional materials at local retail stores, community centers, colleges, coffee shops and other locations.
- Assist Marketing Department in finding new events for the DC Fashion Foundation and Street Team to have a presence at.
- Assist with in-office tasks on an as-needed basis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fun, energetic and outgoing personality
- Ability to be a team player and enjoy working in a team environment
- Organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment
- Customer-service oriented
- Previous marketing/promotional experience a plus+
- Flexible schedule
10 to 20 hours per week. Typically 2 to 3 days per week. Available to work special events during the weekend.
Internship position is not compensated. Internship may be eligible for college credits.
To be considered, email resumes and cover letter with the subject “Promotions Internship” to: DCFF.